Autumn is officially here and what says fall more than pumpkins!? One of our favorite things about autumn is that once fall arrives, everything is pumpkin flavored! From pumpkin lattes to pumpkin spice muffins, we love it all!
Pumpkins also make for some very cute wedding decor! They can be incorporated into so many different styles to add a touch of fall to your wedding. Try painting pumpkins with an interesting pattern or covering them in metallic paint or glitter. You can even use all ivory pumpkins for a classic neutral look.
Who knew pumpkins could be so versatile!?
1. To keep kids entertained during the ceremony, create a coloring book-style program just for them! They can color in illustrations of the bride and groom and the wedding party. This could also be a great keepsake!
2. If you’re having an outdoor wedding, bring some fun toys for the kids to play with, like a hula-hoop or kite! At night, give the older kids sparklers. They will have a blast running around with them!
3. If there are going to be really young children at your wedding, consider paying a teenaged family friend to watch the kids for the evening. That way, parents can enjoy the evening without each of them needing pay their own sitter or feel like they need to rush home.
4. Create a kid’s lounge! Have games, beanbag chairs, craft supplies, juice boxes, and a candy bar. They’ll feel really cool having their own little space.
5. Create fun packages for the kids’ table. Include a disposable camera, stickers, play-doh, and other fun goodies to keep them occupied.
6. Skip renting expensive linens for the kids’ table. Try covering the table with paper and give each of the kids a set of crayons. They’ll love having the huge canvas to work with.
7. Make a scavenger hunt! Have them spy for things like, a kissing couple or the groom playing with his ring. You can even make it a photo scavenger hunt. Who knows, they might be budding photographers!
There is so much inspsiration to be found within the era of speakeasies, the Great Gatsby, and the flappers of the roaring 20s. It has glitz, glam and a sophisticated vintage beauty that we here at SEBC are simply in love with! The Art Deco style is all about over-the-top extravagance and wild, champagne-fueled parties that don’t stop until sunrise. We love the sparkle of silver or gold elements on top of muted backgrounds, the geometric shapes, and the heavy ornamentation. The 1920s are all about going over-the-top and having a great time!
For even more Art Deco wedding inspiration, check out our pinterest board!